Over this week your child can learn to and practice the following:
- Daily name practice – Trace over dots and also practice copying your name.
- Daily oral counting practice – Count forwards to 20. “Tell me a number which is less than 10 etc”
- Daily weather forecast – what is the weather like today?
- Daily story – share a book together. Look for these words in the text – ‘is’ ‘it’ ‘in’ ‘at’ ‘and’ ‘to’ ‘the’
- Look for the tricky words – ‘I’, ‘no’, ‘go’
- Watch and listen to Come Outside
- In the kitchen – Look for letters on packets and tins in the cupboard. Try and write them.
- Metal Mike – Put out 5 cvc objects in front of the child eg tin, box, fork, can, pen. Adult to segment a word to say ie “t”-“i”-“n” for the child to identify and find. Encourage your child to repeat the segmented word back to you.
- Using letters can you make these simple words – fun, fat, log, bug, bed,
- In the garden/an outdoor space – Count out 5 stones and take 2 away, how many are left? Repeat with different numbers.
- Play the game with the link below:-
- Sing the song below “Five Little Speckled Frogs’