School Dinners and Cool Milk
New menu for September 2021
Nottinghamshire Catering are still having to adapt their menu for schools. We are on a single choice menu that Notts Catering have chosen.
We now can also offer a jacket potato option each day. If your child would like a jacket potato instead of the main meal, they will be asked to select a jacket with their choice of filling during morning registration.
September 2021 Menu
A sandwich meal may be ordered instead of the hot meal but must be ordered by the Monday of the week before it is required (as we have to order them in). This can be a regular order. For example if your child does not like cottage pie, a sandwich can be ordered for every week 2 Tuesday. A sandwich meal consists of a sandwich (egg mayo, chicken, cheese, tuna or ham), a piece of fruit, crisps and a muffin.
Did you know that your child could receive their school meals for free? See below for more information, including where to apply for this.
Free School Meals
Your child qualifies for a daily free school meal if they attend a Nottinghamshire County Council School (such as Ranskill) and you receive one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
If you think you qualify for free school meals, please register online today by clicking here.
Currently, pupils entitled to free school meals are receiving Government scheme vouchers. Please follow the link to read the DfE privacy statement.
Children can have milk everyday as part of their snack.
Cool Milk application forms can be accessed using this website: www.coolmilk.com.