New starters to Class 1 information
Welcome to Ranskill Primary School
We are so pleased that you have chosen to start your child’s school learning journey at Ranskill Primary and we can’t wait to see you all soon. We have lots of fantastic ideas and resources on the school website home learning pages that we have shared with you, these will enable you to gain an understanding of the things you can do to help prepare your child for school. Some of the most important things for your child are:
- Developing independent skills (putting on own clothes, going to the toilet by themselves, wiping their own bottoms).
- Communication - talking about what they are doing and asking questions.
- Playing games and learning to take turns and using their imagination in their play.
- We all love to share stories and this is a valuable skill for children to learn to sit and listen to them and then answer simple questions about the story.
- Encouraging children to sing nursery rhymes and getting them to hear the words that rhyme is also a fun and beneficial activity.
We are so excited that you have become part of Ranskill Primary School and we will keep you updated with any information that you need - please keep checking on the school website and your emails.
Please read the parent guide below that will give you all the essential information for your child starting school.
Essential Information for Parents and Carers of New Starters
Term dates for the current school year can be found here
Dates the school will be closed in addition for staff training days can be found here