Over this week your child can learn to and practice the following:
- Daily name practice – Trace over dots and also practice copying your name.
- Daily oral counting practice – Count forwards to 20. “Tell me a number which is one more than 6 etc”
- Daily weather forecast – what is the weather like today?
- Daily story – share a book together. Continue to look for these tricky words in the text – ‘is’ ‘it’ ‘in’ ‘at’ ‘and’ ‘to’ ‘the’ ‘I’, ‘no’, ‘go’
- Begin to read and write these tricky words: to the I no go
- Watch ’Gecko’s Ice Cream Truck Treasure Hunt:-
- In the kitchen – Find 3 cups which are the same. Fill one ‘full’, one ‘half full’ and one ‘empty’.
- Teddy’s visit to the park – Adult to put 5 cvc objects in a bag for teddy to take to the park eg hat, coat, ball, bag, key. Adult to segment a word to say ie “h”-“a”-“t” for the child to identify. Encourage your child to repeat the segmented word back to you.
- Using word cards (words written on paper) can you make the sentences – I go to the park. I go to school. I go to the shop.
- In the garden/an outdoor space – Find a bowl and fill with water, 3 different containers and a plastic cup. Fill the cup with water then pour into the container. How many cups did it take to fill the container, record the number on paper. Repeat with the other 2 containers. Which container held the most cups of water? Which held the least?
- Sing the ice cream number song below:-