Over this week your child can learn to and practice the following:
- Daily name practice – Trace over dots and also practice copying your name.
- Daily oral counting practice – Count forwards to 20. “Tell me number which is more than 4 but less than 10 etc”
- Daily weather forecast – what is the weather like today?
- Daily story – share a book together. Continue to look for these tricky words in the text – ‘is’ ‘it’ ‘in’ ‘at’ ‘and’ ‘to’ ‘the’ ‘I’, ‘no’, ‘go’
- Watch and listen to Adventures with Jess -m Bees
- In the kitchen –
- Metal Mike – Put out 5 cvc objects in front of the child eg tin, box, fork, can, pen. Adult to segment a word to say ie “t”-“i”-“n” for the child to identify and find. Encourage your child to repeat the segmented word back to you.
- Using word cards (words written on paper) can you make the sentences – It is a fan. It is a leg. It is a dog.
- In the garden/an outdoor space – Count out 5 stones and take 2 away, how many are left? Repeat with different numbers.
- Sing the song below ‘Here is the beehive’
Sing the song below ‘The bees go buzzing’