We are proud to be 'Take Care' School Councillors!
Mrs Lyons helps with the organisation of the School Council's meetings.
At the start of the academic year, we held elections for our new School Councillors.
The 2020-2021 team consist of:
- Class 5 - Abigail V and Olivia W
- Class 4 - Natasza M and Eliza W
- Class 3 - Andrew G and Kaiden P
- Class 2 - Christian H, Evie B and Harry B
This year, we have been very busy, even with COVID and lockdown! Each week, School Councillors meet socially distantly and discuss current events and issues and decide ways to improve our school. As a voice for pupils, our school councillors are confident to speak in front of the whole school and will pass on messages to their current classes. We are 'Take Care' children and we are proud to promote this!
Our events this year:
- Parliament week - We learnt about the importance of voting for adults, and what this means for our country. We then taught this to our classes and encouraged them to understand their rights and responsibilities as a child. Each class had their own age-appropriate vote in our very own general election!
- Children in Need - We decided on some great ways to fundraise for Children In Need. We successfully managed to organise a 'wear something spotty/Pudsey related' non-uniform day. We raised £235 from this!
- Remembrance Day - Each break time, we sold poppies, wristbands and other fun gifts to our classes to raise money for all those who fought for our country in the war. We were very proud of ourselves!
- Anti-bullying week - we set up games to play outside and encouraged many other children to play with us. We made sure the rules were fair and that everyone could join in! We continued this throughout the year and made ourselves be a 'buddy' to those who needed a friend. We also lead an assembly about being kind to each other, even though people are different.
- Christmas post box - As we couldn't have a whole school post box this year, we made our own one for each class. We asked the children how they would like it to be decorated and spent time cretaing this for our class to put their Christmas cards in. We also made sure that cards were delivered within classes.
- Christmas Church service - we proudly prepared our own version of the nativity story and read our parts in church, alongside performing with the rest of the school.
- Internet Safety - We continuously share with our class how to be safe on the internet, and we are in process of making child-friendly posters to display around school.
- Red Nose Day - We organised a 'hilarious hairstyle' competition for children to enter. It was great fun and the whole school got involved, even the teachers!
- Pupil questionnaire - we have spent many weeks creating a survey for pupils to answer. This is all about their learning experiences - what they enjoy, don't enjoy and what they would like to learn about.
- Litter picking - we spent a long time picking up the litter around the school and in front of the school. We were very proud of helping to clean the community, and we are working on making posters to encourgae others to put their rubbish in the bin.
The 2019-2020 team consisted of:
- Class 5: Daniel T, Liam E & Callain L
- Class 4: Rocco F & Isabel Y
- Class 3: Chloe V & Leighton D
- Class 2: Annabella P & Austin H
The 2018-19 team consisted of:
- Year 6: Harry H & Anna B
- Year 5: Alex R & Mackenzie F
- Year 4: Charlie D & Faith W
- Year 3: Natasza M & Harvey L
- Year 2: Eliza W & Olly B
- Year 1: Lottie O & Seryn W