Over this week your child can learn to and practice the following:
- Daily name practice – Trace over dots and also practice copying your name.
- Daily oral counting practice – Count forwards to 20. “Tell me a number which is more than 6 etc”
- Daily weather forecast – what is the weather like today?
- Daily story – share a book together. Look for these words in the text – ‘to’ ‘the’
- Watch and listen to Adventures with Jess
- Watch Come Outside
- Play I spy – “I spy with my little eye something beginning with …e, u, r, f, b, l
- In the kitchen – Look for letters on packets and tins in the
- Metal Mike – Put out 5 cvc objects in front of the child eg tin, box, fork, can, pen. Adult to segment a word to say ie “t”-“i”-“n” for the child to identify and find. Encourage your child to repeat the segmented word back to you.
- Using letters can you make these simple words – red, mud, get, neck, duck, sun, ten, run.
- Draw a snail using a spiral.
- In the garden/an outdoor space – Using stones, make a spiral and count the number of stones you have used.
- Sing the song below “The snail song- simple lullaby’