Over this week your child can learn to and practice the following:
- Daily name practice – Trace over dots and also practice copying your name.
- Daily oral counting practice – Count forwards to 20. “Tell me a number which is one less than 8 etc”
- Daily weather forecast – what is the weather like today?
- Daily story – share a book together. Continue to look for these tricky words in the text – ‘is’ ‘it’ ‘in’ ‘at’ ‘and’ ‘to’ ‘the’ ‘I’, ‘no’, ‘go’
- Continue to read and write the above tricky words.
- Watch ‘Sharing a shell’
- In the kitchen – look for containers and items to make a boat with. Try sailing it in the kitchen sink. Does it float? Try putting something in your boat, does it still float?
- Teddy’s visit to the beach – Explain to your child Teddy is at the beach and wants you to be active with them. Give the child and teddy some actions to perform by sound talking the instructions eg “h-o-p with teddy” “c-l-a-p with teddy” “j-u-m-p with teddy” “r-u-n with teddy” “j-o-g with teddy”.
- In the garden/an outdoor space Find a bowl and fill with water. Collect objects from the garden and put in the bowl. Record how many items float on the water and how many sink to the bottom.
- Watch ‘Sun safe, Play Everyday’!
- Sing the song ‘Living under the sea’